Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sundays

I remember how I used to dread Sundays. And how happy I would be when my dad would drive right past the church. I don't think he really liked it that much either. So we would go to Dunkin Donuts. As silly as it sounds this was one of the fonder memories I have. Skipping church with dad to go have a donut and talk. It was great!
I saw some kids going to church today. They didn't look happy, reminded me how I used to feel on Christmas, Easter, and any other "holy day." Now I look forward to Sundays. It's nice to sleep in and relax, and also recover from the night before! Being an Atheist does not only make me feel free, but it also allows me to get some extra rest! 
 

2 comments:

  1. i know this sunday church thing only from movies and books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm an atheist too. Know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete